On October 2nd, I will be doing my first full-day workshop titled Rock Your Code and Applications with dotNetDave (click on this link to register) at the Silicon Valley Code Stars Summit event, the day before Silicon Valley Code Camp.
This workshop will guide any level of programmer to greater productivity by providing the information needed to write consistent, maintainable, rock solid code.
The first 10 people who sign up for this workshop will receive a FREE dotNetDave DVD back that includes all three of my DVD’s and I’ll throw in a custom dotNetDave guitar pick!
- This first section will start off by teaching common .NET coding standards (including a section to see how much that audience knows on the subject).
- The second section will teach defensive programming so that you will greatly decrease the number of support tickets you receive from QA.
- The third section will continue with defensive programming by introducing code contracts that will make it much easier to practice solid encapsulation techniques.
- The final section will go over 10+ issues that I see all the time with modern applications.
Along the way of this workshop we will be reviewing code submitted by attendees to go over the good and possible issues. By the end of this workshop you will be on your way to writing rock solid code that will impress your boss and users.
Workshop Attendees Instructions
We are going to fix up and analyze your code. So bring your laptop with Visual Studio 2015 installed along with code you have written at home or from work (make sure you get permission). Preferably the worse code you can find!
Also, download and install the following before the workshop:
- CodeRush http://bit.ly/DevExpress (or ReSharper)
- StyleCop: https://www.nuget.org/packages/StyleCop.MSBuild/
- CodeIt.Right http://bit.ly/CodeItRight
- FXCop (if you don’t have Analyze)
- Code Contracts: http://research.microsoft.com/projects/contracts
- Download my open source assembly: http://dotnettips.codeplex.com/releases/view/59050
If you have any questions please contact me via the About page on this site.
Much of this workshop is based on one of David’s latest books, David McCarter’s .NET Coding Standards that can be pre-purchased by go here: David McCarter’s .NET Coding Standards.
Please take my Coding Standards Survey before attending this session (you could win a free copy of my Rock Your Code DVD).
Check out the Coding Standards For The Real World webcast I did for SubMain.com.
Anyone seen with any item from my Code Camp store, will win some cool swag!