For the first time, the dotNetDave 25th Anniversary World Tour is coming to the Granite State Code Camp in Manchester, NH on November 2nd! Even though I was born back east (Delaware), I don’t think I have ever been to the state. If you live in the area, please let me know what I should see while I’m there.
I will be doing the session below.
Rock Your Code: Real World Cloud App From Start to Finish
Time: 12:50PM - 2PM in Room 246
This session will show how I created a cloud application from start to finish using Microsoft Azure to add features to a legacy app. The session will start off with the feature requirements followed by the architecture and design. The remainder of the session will show how I coded the following application layers:
- The data layer featuring Cosmos DB.
- The business layer featuring Azure ServiceBus Queues and Azure Functions.
- The communications layer using Azure App Service.
- The user experience layer using ASP.NET Core & Blazor.
- The identity layer using Azure Key Vault.
Other frameworks such as Azure Application Insights and even unit testing will also be discussed.
This is part of my series titled “Improving Code Quality… One Developer At A Time”. Note: Even though code examples in this session are in .NET, the concepts can be applied to any language.
Help The Slum Kids In India
I will have copies of my latest book on Microsoft .NET code performance to sell at my session and at the conference. The cost is only $15 and ALL PROFIT will be donated at the end of the month to the Voice of Slum NGO in India that teaches, clothes and feeds the kids from the slums. I’ll even autograph it for you (especially if you pitch in more than $15)!
Check out my other conferences sessions by going here: http://bit.ly/dotNetDaveOnDemand
- Please tweet your pics to #RockYourCode, I will include them in my video about my trip.
- Submit your (food) recipes for my new book titled the Hello World Cookbook! All proceeds will be donated to the Voice of Slum in India.