The dotNetDave 25th Anniversary World Tour is coming to the Desert Code Camp in Phoenix, AZ on October 12th! I haven’t spoken at this awesome code camp in a few years, so I’m excited to come back!
I will be doing the sessions below.
Rock Your Code: Code & App Performance for Microsoft .NET
The performance of code is always something that is very important. Even more important if your back-end apps are processing tens of thousands of requests per second. In this session, I will reveal the do’s and don’ts when it comes to improving code performance when writing business software. Some code I will show can be up to 98% faster! Reducing memory that your app uses is also very important and will be discussed in detail. The demos in this session will work with the .NET Framework and .NET Core.
Here is what attendees are saying about this session
- Bob R. – David gave an excellent presentation on code performance. He showed us how, why, and to what degree various coding methods improved the performance of an application. Lots of tips and tricks!
- Learn how to use .NET Core or .NET Framework for high-performance websites and back-end services.
- Learn how performance affects memory and memory affects performance.
- Learn how to use third-party products to find and fix performance and memory issues.
The information in this session and lots more are in my book Rock Your Code: Code & App Performance for Microsoft .NET.
Rock Your Code: Real World Cloud App From Start to Finish
This session will show how I created a cloud application from start to finish using Microsoft Azure to add features to a legacy app. The session will start off with the feature requirements followed by the architecture and design. The remainder of the session will show how I coded the following application layers:
- The data layer featuring Cosmos DB.
- The business layer featuring Azure ServiceBus Queues and Azure Functions.
- The communications layer using Azure App Service.
- The user experience layer using ASP.NET Core & Blazor.
- The identity layer using Azure Key Vault.
Other frameworks such as Azure Application Insights and even unit testing will also be discussed.
This is part of my series titled “Improving Code Quality… One Developer At A Time”. Note: Even though code examples in this session are in .NET, the concepts can be applied to any language.
Thanks so much to everyone that purchased my new book to help support the Voice of Slum in India. An extra special thanks to three of the attendees that gave an extra $5!! I raised $135 which is close to my $150 monthly goal.
One of the attendees brought in two of my other books to autograph! I thought that was pretty cool!
Check out my other conferences sessions by going here: http://bit.ly/dotNetDaveOnDemand
Please tweet your pics to #RockYourCode, I will include them in my video about my trip.