For the first time I will speaking at the Philly Code Camp on November 16th – 17th! I’m excited to come to the area to do the sessions and workshop below. I have not been to Philadelphia, PA since I was a little kid. I was born in Delaware and plan to visit family while on that side of the country.
Special thanks goes to GrapeCity for sending me to this code camp. I hope you will check out their awesome products for .NET solutions!
I will be doing the workshop below. If you attend, make sure you read the “Workshop Attendee Notice”.
Rock Your Technical Interview
Time: 8:30 AM Location: Envision
Have you ever not gotten a job because you weren’t prepared for the interview? Would you like a big raise? Do you need motivation to rock your career? I’ve interviewed 100’s of software developers and will share my knowledge on how to survive, what we look for and even divulge some of the secrets we use during the process. Whether you are looking for a new position within your company or at a new company you need to attend this workshop. Included are crazy and strange interview stories from engineers just like you! Learn tips to get you started, working with recruiters, getting prepared, the technical interview and more. You will also learn what is the #1 question you need to ask during an interview… it’s a game changer!
This workshop will include mock interviews, resume review and more to make sure you rock your next technical interview!
- Video of this session: http://bit.ly/RYTISeries
- Check out 256 Seconds with dotNetDave Episode 3 for details and examples: wp.me/pjXAs-wf
Code Camp Sessions
Below are the sessions I will be presenting.
Rock Your .NET Core Best Practices
Time: 3:00 PM Location: Malvern
In this sessions, you will learn how to apply .NET Framework best practices to .NET Core 2.0. There are a lot of changes and every developer needs to attend this session before moving to .NET Core. I will talk about proper application setup, OOP, Exceptions, logging, unit testing and more.
Many of the practices are discusses in detail in my other code sessions that you can find by going here: http://bit.ly/dotNetDaveOnDemand
- Source code including dotNetTips.Utility.Standard: https://github.com/RealDotNetDave
- dotNetTips.Utility.Dev.App: http://bit.ly/dotNetTipsDevApp
- .NET Core Docs: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/articles/core/
- .NET Standard – Introduction: http://bit.ly/DNStandardIntro
- .NET API Search: https://apisof.net/
- .NET Source Code Browser: https://source.dot.net/
- Open-source Library Guidance: http://bit.ly/OSGuidance
- Nuget Package Browsing: https://www.fuget.org/
- CodeIt.Right: http://bit.ly/CodeItRight
- GhostDoc: http://submain.com/fwlink/dm/ghostdoc
Rock Your .NET Code Performance
Time: 11:30 AM Location: Malvern
The performance of code is always something that is very important. Even more important if your back-end apps are processing tens of thousands of requests per second. In this session I will reveal the do’s and don’ts when it comes to improving code performance. Some code I will show can be up to 98% faster! Reducing memory that your app uses is also very important and will be discussed in detail. The demos in this session will work in the .NET Framework and .NET Core.
Here is what attendees are saying about this session
- Bob R. – David McCarter gave an excellent presentation on code performance. He showed us how, why, and to what degree various coding methods improved the performance of an application. Lots of tips and tricks!
- Source and dotNetTips.Utility: https://github.com/RealDotNetDave
- 256 Seconds with dotNetDave: http://bit.ly/256SecondsE2
- CodeRush from DevExpress: http://bit.ly/RTWCodeRush
- CodeIt.Right: http://bit.ly/SubMainCIR
- GhostDoc: http://bit.ly/SubMainGD
- .NET Memory Profiler: http://bit.ly/MemoryProfiler
Check out my other conferences sessions by going here: http://bit.ly/dotNetDaveOnDemand