While evaluating Visual Studio Test Services to build, test and deploy our projects for the company I work for, ran into an issue with running unit tests created with IntelliTests. Simply, the test project would not build due to the PEX engine DLL’s not being installed on the images VSTS uses.
I contacted support and they had some ideas, but I had a simpler one… just put the dll’s needed for the build into our source repository. Easy!
This is how I set it up for my open source project. I created a Dependencies folder in the root of my project. Then added these DLL’s:
Then I went to my test project and removed the reference to the last two DLL’s. Then I added the references back pointing to the Dependencies folder and the build and tests run perfectly!
Unfortunately, IntelliTests do not work in .NET Core. If you love them as much as I do, PLEASE contact Microsoft and tell them you want IntellieTests in Core!
Please comment if you have any other issues and solutions that you have come up with when using VSTS.