I hope everyone in northern California is planning to attend this years Silicon Vally Code Camp on October 4th & 6th in Los Altos Hills, Ca. It’s always a great time and lots of free training! I will be presenting the following session and I hope you will attend.
Wear your favorite concert t-shirt to my sessions and be in the running to win free software!
Rock Your Technical Interview
Room: SmithWickTr:Career on Sunday @ 1:15pm
Have you ever not gotten a job due to not being prepared for the technical interview? I’ve have interviewed 100′s of software developers and will share my knowledge on how to survive, what we look for and even divulge some of the secrets we use during the process. This session will include advice from engineers just like you that have recently landed a new job!
Here is what people say about this session:
- Chris S. – I wanted to thank you for your DVD on Technical Interviews. I attended your presentation at Desert Code Camp in 2012 and purchased the DVD. Your guidance on how to handle technical and even non-technical questions gave me great support and confidence going into a round of interviews I had. That confidence translated into performance, as I was able to receive attractive offers from multiple companies, and I was able to make an important move that has been a life-altering, exciting change for me.
- Bill W. – Good information! I had forgotten to study the technical questions, did that this morning and I felt I aced my technical interview just now Thanks Dave!
- GO now!!! Dave is why I have the best job I have ever had!!!
- Daniel I. – Great presentation because you made me realize that I’m not doing enough to better my career! You struck a chord when you said we should keep our resume up-to-date and on-hand at all times. Thanks for helping me realize something I should have been doing a long time ago. Your DVD is very helpful. The fact that you have hiring managers and recruiters giving interviewing tips is great. I’m glad I bought it!
- Ken – Thanks for the great presentations – really enjoyed all your presentations at the code camp, learned a lot about interviewing and gained a lot of insight into how recruiting process works.
Rock Your .NET Coding Standards
Room: 5501 on Saturday @ 3:30pm
With lots of new material for 2013, this session will guide any level of programmer to greater productivity by providing the information needed to write consistent, maintainable code. Learn about common coding mistakes, code style, defensive programming and much, much more. Code tips are included to help you write better, error free applications. Lots of code examples in C# and VB.NET. This session is based on my latest book, David McCarter’s .NET Coding Standards.
Get your discounted copy of VScodePrint 2012 by clicking here. It’s the only program out there that allows you to create nice/ custom print out of your code from Visual Studio! Offer expires October 20th.
Anyone seen with any item from my Code Camp store, will win some cool swag!