It uses a fast-paced approach and Murach’s “paired pages” format to teach how to develop business applications for the web.
The rest of the book covers a full range of professional ASP.NET skills. That includes:
- The use of all types of Web Server, validation, user, and custom server controls
- ADO.NET skills for sophisticated database handling
- The creation and use of Web Services
- Report generation with Crystal Reports
- How to secure an application
- How to send email
- How to deploy finished applications
All the content is formatted in Murach’s distinctive “paired pages” style. Each two-page spread presents a single topic. The lefthand page explains the topic while the righthand page shows the critical details, using syntax, code, screen shots, and how-to notes.
To illustrate each new feature, Murach’s ASP.NET uses complete applications that implement an e-commerce site selling Halloween products. As a result, developers see how the features interact in typical business apps and learn how to handle the coding complexities they’ll face on the job.
Murach’s ASP.NET Web Programming with VB.NET is available directly from the publisher at www.murach.com and from online and brick-and-mortar bookstores.