David McCarter’s .NET Coding Standards
The third edition of this book (formerly VSDN Tips & Tricks .NET Coding Standards), is a consolidation of many of the .NET coding standards available today in one easy to read and understand book. It will guide any level of programmer or development department to greater productivity by providing the tools needed to write consistent, maintainable code.
The core of the book focuses on naming standards, how to order elements in classes, declaring methods, properties and much, much more. Code tips are even included to help you write better, error free applications. All code examples are shown in C# and VB.NET. I use this book just about
every day and I hope you will too.
“David McCarter once again demonstrates his knack for pulling best practices into one cohesive unit with his new book. This book includes everything from how to set up your project to how to declare variables to how to use exception handling. It is a great place to start to build your own set of coding standards.”
- Deborah Kurata 5/5/05
Rock Your Technical Interview DVD
This DVD is packed full of:
- Full length video of session
- Slide deck
- Video advice from recruiters, hiring managers and engineers.
- David McCarter’s Interview Questions. 60+ pages of .NET, database interview questions and more, great for studying for an interview or performing one.
Rock Your Code DVD
This DVD for .NET programmers is packed full of:
- Videos of conference sessions including “Rock Your .NET Coding Standards”
- Sides and sample code
- Lots more!
dotNetDave’s Conference DVD – 2012 (50% off)
This dual-layer DVD is packed full of:
- Video of all my conference talks from2010 which includes topics such as Entity Framework, WCF Data Services, coding standards, event/ exception instrumentation and more!
- All slide decks from 2010 and 2011!
- All demo/ sample code from 2010 and 2011!
- David McCarter’s Interview Questions. 40+ pages of .NET and database interview questions great for studying for an interview or performing one.
- Extras section that contains conference photos from 2010 and some fun videos!